View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #1274
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

IMO, Wells isn't that guy either for the 5th spot. He does have one thing going for him & that's his veteran status but his stuff is just gone now. I've seen him pitch on ESPN twice this season & he has looked pretty bad.

I agree that the 5th spot has been pretty much junk out there all year long. Lerew is one I think that could've been that guy but he can't go. Cormier has fought through some injury problems but he's looked horrible when out there. I had totally forgotten about Barry but I don't think he is a 5th spot guy either.

Sturtze could start if needed but his stuff too along with his injury problems & age would probably hinder that option right now. I can't understand why Hodges can't be given a shot. He has pitched for us before & he is capable of doing more than what we've thrown out there. I know that Carlyle has come through big time for us.

Villarreal is also capable of filling that 5th spot but I believe I seen on some other board that he has declined to start this year. I don't know why but he's done it in the past for us. He probably couldn't go much past 5-6 innings right now because he's been used in the bullpen all year long. All I know is we need someone other than Cormier or Wells for that matter. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11