View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #1284
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

The HR ball is killing us badly! Cormier did have a pretty good outing which hasn't been the case previously. Unfortunately, our bats have gone silent again for a couple games. The DBacks are looking like a solid contender for the NL now. Webb can't be touched right now so we had that against us last night. We just may be fading but hopefully we can pick it back up again. We need to get Renty back but I'm worried about his high-ankle sprain that can linger. Escobar is & has been doing well but he's not got the experience nor the power of Renty.

It appears that our only real shot right now would be the wild card spot because the Mets are playing well again & we can't get on any run. I'm not so sure that we are even a real factor in this wild card either right now. Yes, we're still there but look at our MO of playing at or below .500 baseball & that's not gonna get us there. It's disappointing to watch but that's how we play. The Tex deal looked to make us the best lineup in the NL but I don't see that. However, Renty being out has hampered that affect. The pitching still has been our biggest problem so there's no reason to blame the bats really. We have struggled at times hitting but the pitching(mainly SP) has been our biggest problem. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11