Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #59
SuperBowlNachos
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Next Gen Football...Puu lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Personally, I think its just an assumption that they spend an entire year working on their sports titles. With as little progress that that is made each year, I dont think thats the case.

I think that each of their sports titles only get 3-4 months of time spent on them. Take the exsisting game from the previous year , tack on a few extra features , and call it a day.
I know it's not a full year that the game gets worked on, because it's finalized a month before release, then the month after you are still doing stuff post-launch with the game. Plus this is probably a popular time for most of the dev team to go on vacation.

Quote:

The uniforms dont change for the most part..., even if they did..its just a pallette swap.

Player models dont change either.
The players models were completely different this year, so you have to re-do models and every jerseys and accessory

Quote:
Neither company has updated their commentary in over 4 years, so it sure cant be that.
NCAA has some added stuff. I remember reading about Corso and crew being at EA to do it

Quote:
Presentation is non exsistant, so it cant be that either..
Madden is guilty on this. No reason not to have the save highlight feature

People are just expecting to much out of a sports games on next gen. You can only do so much more then you could on last gen. It's games like BIOSHOCK, which is on it's way to being the best reviewed game of all time that shows off the next gen power.