View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
inkcil
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
The Radio Guy Trilogy - for better or worse

For those of us who care, as well for those of us who could care less, this really could be the Radio Guy's last year on Next Gen (if the int. Russell had w/ EA accuratley foreshadows a change for next year).

Given that, I was caused to reflect on his "impact" on the game of Madden. I am very interested to know why people liked him, disliked him or felt mixed about. Were his attempts to merge play-by-play AND color commentary duties (with a splash of homerism) really a failure or just an unappreciated experiment that arose out of complaints about the repetitiveness of Micheals/Madden commentary on last gen?

Please share your feelings and any other insight you may have about what has become one of the most infamous personalities in sports gaming.

I'll start with something I've heard no one mention before:

In franchise mode, ev'one knows in-game stat overlays are sorely missing. However, I decided to turn up the Radio Guy and discover that he actually mentions accumulated season stats throughout the game, such a touchdowns and catches on the year. I was very surprised that the Radio Guy had this function. Did anyone else know this? Did he do this in 06 and 07?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove