Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
biglami
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Roster Mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I was looking into some guys that I had questions about on the APF roster, and I'm wondering if some mistakes weren't made by the otherwise talented folks at T2. My "discoveries" came out of a desire to make an all-special teams team just for fun since it's an underrated part of the game. Of the three players listed with that ability (Tasker, Cherry, and Munchak), I think there's something wrong with two of them. I think they just plain made a mistake in giving the attribute to Cherry, who played on the same team and right beside of excellent special teamer Albert Lewis, who was known not just for knocking down passes with his long arms, but also blocking punts and kicks. I don't recall Cherry being anywhere near the ST demon Lewis was, though he was one hell of a safety. Second, if memory serves, Munchak was a guard, not a tackle, for the overwhelming majority of his career. Tasker, of course, was a wide receiver (nominally) and did excell at the gunner position, so there's nothing out of place there. But does it seem that there's something awry with the others, or is there something I just don't know about Cherry and Munchak that may have informed T2's decision?

Has anyone else noticed any roster oddities while playing with and/or researching the guys in the game?

I noticed the same things...Munchak I think played G and T, and who knows if he played ST- most OL dont...but yeah A Lewis was a ST beast!! He blocked 1 or 2 punts every year for 5-7 years, which is tough to pull off...I dont know about Cherry...

but some of the attributes I thought were really fishy...the biggest disservice they did had to be Keith Jackson (silver TE for the Eagles from Randall Cunningham's days)...he had awesome hands and was a great pass catching TE, but you'd never know it from playing this game

and I know Herman Moore is a beast and all in this game (he gets open well and makes great efforts most of the time to get up and catch the ball), but why does he drop so many balls?

Okoye is way too slow, he could run like the wind (he should have great speed, so so agility/ quickness)

Andre Ware should have Rocket Arm- he had a cannon, he jut had no accuracy- he was constantly overthrowing his receivers, who always had their CBs beat deep...but he has a weak arm in this game

Pete Metzelaars, in 15 seasons, caught 50 passes ONCE!! (ok so he had 49 catches 2x, but aside from that, he didnt do much, so I dont see why it is so easy to get 7-120-2 TD with him in this game)

Shannon Sharpe- 10 seasons of 60+ catches, please give this guy some "Soft Hands"...he didnt do that all on speed and route running, lol

Ken Norton Jr- if you are gonna give a guy "Run Coverage" and "Strenght", then can you please explain to me why this guy is constantly getting run over/ trucked/ stuck on blocks? He has sexy attributes (and he was a beast in his day- he was fast too), but he is an absolute bum in this game (but so many people use him b/c of the misleading attributes)