Old 09-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #45
sportsdude
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The All-Underused Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Nice update. It sounds like you've really got Snell worked into your offense with his receiving contribution being as good as it is. I love that you've got some non-traditional picks as well. I kindof wish folks would be more imaginitive in with their picks (I see the offense you described so much that I never pick those guys because I'm sick of seeing them, with the exception of Warren, whom I never see online but love).

Ricky Sanders is a secret that's going to get out soon if it's not already. I don't see him online much, but I've played around with him and he's very reliable for a bronze. I just can't part with either of my receivers at the moment or I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Sanders is nice. Definitely one of my favorite bronze receivers.

Third game with Snell and the legend d-line. Won, 21-14. The guy had some silver QB (not Cunningham), Christensen, Moore, OJ Simpson and John Taylor. Defense, He had Rod Woodson, Lem Barney, all bronze LB crew and one bronze d-lineman.

I accidentally left the game before copying the stats, but these are fairly accurate.

Dawson 12-17, 207 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. Ugh. First int, I panicked on a blitz, threw it too early it was picked. Second, I thought I had my guy wide open in the endzone, but his FS like chameleoned into the same color and literally appeared out of nowhere to pick it. These picks almost cost me the game.

Snell 14 carries, 40 yards, 2 TD; 7 rec. 95 yards, 1 TD. Rushing, Snell was limited. I misread some holes, became kind of stagnant in my playcalling. There were three runs where he got tackled after 6 yards, but had he broken that tackle, would've had 20-30 more yards. I had 5 recorded broken tackles, but the best was on a toss the right and the only unblocked guy between me and the first down 10 yards away was a hard charging Lem Barney. Charged up and unleashed a wicked shoulder charge on Barney that literally threw him 5 yards backwards. 15 yard gain, it was pretty sweet.

Uh, receivers didn't do much. Hit Taylor on a key 49 yard catch that swung momentum in my favor.

for him, his QB was like 9-17 for 160 yards, 1 td 2 INT. OJ was like 12 carries for 60 yards.

Basically, his offense was run with OJ, throw to Christensen. I matched up Night train on him and put that to an end. Funny, my two INTs on his QB were from my generic CB matched on a bronze receiver when I switched Night Train to Christensen. The guy knew how to take advantage of mis-matches, but my generic CB made a case to earn a bronze star of his own.

In the end, it was an ugly game for me, but the bottom line is that I won.
Advertisements - Register to remove