View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #14
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Three Legend LB's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon
I have had considerable success with this stacking principle on defense.

On one one of my teams I have 2 gold safetys (Lott and Harris, with one subbed in as the SS) and two bronze CBs. The rest of my legends are on offense. It works out reasonably well because my offense is stacked enough that they put up lots of points and often force my opponent into playing catch up. Once they are in that mode, my secondary will eat them alive.

I intend to make another team with a stacked D line and see what else I need to make my defense click and work. What legends do you have on that team other than on the D line Trojan Man? Also, do you control one of the D linemen?
Well, I have been rolling with Selmon and Donovan on the weak side, and Saleamua and Jones on the strong side, and they're flat out nasty. People don't use Selmon much online, but that swim move is sick when you get it right. Donovan is a very steady contributor in all facets of the game, though he tends to dominate the run for me more than the pass. He gets pressure to be sure, but because that tackle spot frequently gets the double team in pass protection, he's usually more of a pocket pusher than anything else. Of course that allows the rest of the guys to get one-on-one matchups. I usually control one of them, but even when I don't, they get theirs.

I don't see that kind of stacking much online, and I've found that it can negate a pretty powerful offense if your guys play reasonably well. They'll have off games, but even so, they're tough to put tons of points on. And they'll play the run pretty well--most of the time, one of my lineman gets a hand on the ballcarrier or blows up the hole. The rest of the guys are just there to play cleanup.