View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #54
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The All-Underused Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon
I've been enjoying using Tom Rathman (bronze FB with brick wall and soft hands) in my west coast offense. I have my line set to pass block, I have no legend HB, but I don't really need one. Rathman is money out of split back sets. He will catch anything I throw him coming out of the backfield and he can push the pile as well as any bronze HB. Also, it is rare that he doesn't break away from the first guy who hits him as long as it isn't a D line player.
I've always like Rathman, but then again I was a Niners fan during their hey day and a Raiders fan once they let Lott go. He was the true picture of versatility--he could run, catch, and block and do all three well. Not many in the game can do that, and if you know how to utilize him, you can create some mismatches for the defense. If you pair him with a legitimate threat at HB, then your opponent can't key up on one guy when it comes to short yardage plays (many opponents online will just hotroute LBs to your #1 back on those plays to try to stop you).