Old 11-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #1488
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Really like how the Braves are stockpiling outfield prospects with the need they have in left and center. In their system right now, they have all kinds of speed with Anderson and Hernandez, Jones and Schaffer who look to be solid (and maybe better than that) all around ballplayers, and Heyward who has some unearthly power potential. Then maybe add Lillibridge to the mix if they look at him in center ... that's a GREAT group of talent auditioning for 2 positions. And all after they "depleted" the system to get Texiera. Impressive ...
We do have a lot of potential players in the OF right now. Anderson being the latest addition. I think Schaffer has the most upside of all the guys mentioned. Brandon Jones is a corner OF player so he can't even be included for a CF prospect. I don't think the system was depleted with the Tex trade.

I didn't like giving up Andrus but we had to part with some good prospects to get Tex. Beau Jones & Matt Harrison are 2 solid pitching prospects but not proven in any way. We'll be able to better evaluate this trade down the road. If we have Tex one more year then let him go & the guys traded turn out to be stars then that may have been somewhat of a bad deal but we needed Tex to make that playoff push this past season. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11