View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #50
duke41
Rookie

duke41's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Post-Football bitterness...

i also play on a really bad team we went 0-8 or 0-9 this year and 3-6 last year, this was my junior year, and i've played varsity since my sophomore year, i'm 5'8 155 can bench 215-225, 225 before i broke my finger,i played the whole year with a broken finger, and also a bone partially sticking out of my forearm, squat 315, but am kind of slow(5.0 forty). I was stronger than every single lineman we had, which is terribly pathetic, i started 2 or 3 games at corner, and went in for the entire second half of one game late in the year when one corner hurt his collarbone and made 4 solo tackles and 1 or 2 assists, playing the entire second half with what i found out was a severely bruised kidney, and i just thought was a tweaked back.I also was an up back on punt, front line on kick return, hands team, and on kickoff. I played in every game as a sophomore and had 3 solos in 5 minutes in one game, but i mostly played on special teams. Anyway, our strength coach suggested to our coaching staff before this year that i play guard or d-line, (nose guard), which needless to say didn't happen. I was also the backup fullback, even though i never even got carries during practice, i played guard for scout o, and consistently held my own with our 275lbs worthless starting nose guard who had 5 tackles the whole year ,when i didnt start at guard? I got the chance to play nose in one practice and managed to have two sacks, and never saw nose in practice or a game again. Our defensive and offensive coordinators and our line coach all thought i could play line, our d coordinator even told me he was going to start me at nose our first game, but that was nixed by our head coach, who hasnt been a fan of me since i was 9 and he was my little league coach. Our strength coach told me after the season that i shouldnt have played corner, because it was a position where i wouldn't have any success, and that every coach liked me and wanted me to play more , everone except the head coach who he said just flat out didnt like me, and that i would never get my shot at playing as much as i should unless our coach got fired or my dad raised hell, rumors are flying that our coach is as good as gone, but i dont want my dad to talk to anyone about it because if i get my shot, i want to know i did it all myself. I know i'm not the best player, and i know i sometimes **** up, but i was wondering what you guys think.

Sorry this is mad long