View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Backyard Basketball 2007 Review (DS)

We have just posted our Backyard Basketball 2007 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"Through what I can only assume is the natural result of growing up in a household with me, my kids have developed a fondness for my two favorite hobbies – gaming and sports. Maybe it was bouncing them on my knee during those football games in the fall or taking them out to their first baseball game when they were barely big enough to lift the box of Cracker Jacks that was in their lap. Could have been those games of Zuma (or “Zoomer” as my five year old still calls it) that we would play together when Daddy would take a quick break from his evening work. I’m sure “experts” would say that it’s not the sports or the games, but the spending time with Dad that the kids love. I’d buy that. I know for all the gaming I’ve done in my 30-odd years, I’ve never enjoyed it more than I do now when we play a quick game of Mario Party on the old GameCube. I know that watching a Detroit Tiger game means so much more to me now just to hear my little one say, “When is Magglio Or-Doughnuts gonna to bat?” Don’t get me wrong, I do teach my kids those other things like reading and math, but, hey, I’m a sports gamer, not a mathematician."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove