View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #75
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The All-Underused Team

Nice to see some activity here for the first time in a long time. Sportsdude, you might consider Chris Warren. He's only got one ability, but he does it all: he runs with power and speed, and he can catch.

And Holykoran, I think your point is well-taken too. Unless you have a back that's super fast or really good at tapping out of tackles, then you need help on the line and at the TE position. Though most people don't use high picks on lineman, you might find that a couple of silver or gold picks on the line will help your back out a lot. I have a team with Dermontti Dawson at C and Tom Mack at G, and I really can tell a difference in my line play. Dawson in particular crushes guys, and a major difference that I've noticed especially with him is that he is really good at making the initial block and then moving to the next level at the appropriate point in the play. This has been my experience with other legend lineman with run blocking ability as well, namely Anthony Muņoz and Jim Otto.

I'll add someone to the list as well, while we're at it. Archie Manning is vastly underrated I think at silver. He is quick in the pocket and is able to pick up yards on the run, though he's not as fast as Cunningham. I've also noticed that the tough as nails attribute is no joke. With guys in his face, Manning will throw more spirals and more accurate balls than guys without that ability. If you don't have a great line, or if you don't have a lineman with the stonewall ability to keep your QB composed, then you will get more errant passes under pressure, more negative momentum after sacks, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove