View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
#85_on_a_mission
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Opinion on Route Running....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You don't use your hands well enough in and out of your breaks, telegraph your routes with your upper body, don't use enough body lean on the corner and post routes and have a hitch in your start. Oh and you are way to high centered on a lot of those routes. Bad footing and you want to make good cuts, use your hands, use quick feet and drop your *** when making the sharp out, dig, or curl cuts.

Those are just to start.

Looks like you have good quick feet, and catch the ball well away from your body, but need to work on a lot of the fundamentals if you want to play at the next level. I think you've got some skills to work with.

Of course, tough to say with a home video at the park. Don't know how big you are, or how fast you are, or how well you play in pads, etc.
Thanks alot. I adjusted my route running that day because the ground was wet. The first time I ran an out and fell on my behind. The way you explained the way I should run routes is the way I used to run them but I changed my style. I figured that by running them the way I did in the vid by using stems, and headfakes it could set up DBs alot better. Which way do you think I should run them?

And what do you mean by body lean on the corner routes and a hitch in my start.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85

Last edited by #85_on_a_mission; 12-10-2007 at 11:20 PM.