Kramer5150
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
So, the Knockdown slider probably does one of four things:

1. Generally increases the defenders' aggressiveness towards covering the pass--which would lead to more INTs.

2. Increases the defenders' frequency of knocking down passes--which may make it easier for the defense to intercept the tipped passes--leading to more INTs.

3. Increases the defenders' frequency of knocking down passes and decreases the frequency of defenders' going for INTs--which would lead to fewer INTs.

4. Doesn't appreciably change anything about how defenders' react to a pass.

In my experience, I have seen evidence of 1, 2, and 4. I'm not sure why, but I tend to see INTs go down when I lower the knockdown slider.
I can honestly say I've witnessed 2,3 and 4.
The reason why I couldn't say #1 as well.....was based on the final pre-season numbers for the cpu qb's.....

Here's the combined numbers for the starting qb's during pre-season
34-59 for 287 yards 3td's and 3int's...1 by Campbell,Mcnabb and Testaverde.
Also ....here's the combined #'s for the back-ups
23-39 for 194 yards....2td's and 2pics....the 2 pic's were all David Carr's during the last game in pre-season against Carolina.

I'm still going to explore the possibility of lowering the knockdown slider,but I don't think It's going much lower than default (50). As I still want to make sure my defense at least makes an attempt on the ball.

I do like your list of 4 things though.....now all that needs to be done is find out WHICH one it is,as well as find the "happy medium" lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert