View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Enhanced Online Manual (PS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
wow you & dan & i need to get together & cure cancer or something.
And you thought that I was picky. LOL.

On a serious note, I was watching PBS the other day and there was some show called "DNA" on. It showed how scientists were using the DNA in cancer to determine the exact type of cancer the person has and then cure it. By finding out the DNA of the cancer and seeing what it affects inside the person and how it affects the person, they develop a cure for it.

One old guy had cancer in 95 and was given a year to live. He was basically a guinny-pig for the testing of a cure from this doctor and 12 years later, he no longer has the cancer as the cure did just that.

They said that within 5 years, they would be able to cure almost all the cancer types. It all depends on how common they type of cancer is. There's some cancers that are rare and these will take longer to cure because they dont have the people who have these cancers and because they dont have these people, they dont have that specific DNA.

In the end though, it all has to do with the drug companies. The drug companies want people to be sick because that's how they make their massive profits.

Dont you just love people???