View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
superjames1992
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Funny Lee Corso Story

Bloomington,IN Ohio St @ Indiana 1976
In the 2qtr with 14:55 to go Lee Corso head coach of Indiana called time out.

Here is the funny part, after taking a 7-6 lead over Ohio St he then had his team pose for a picture in front of the scoreboard. He then used the picture for a 1977 recruiting brochure. Ohio St won that game 47-7.

So why would he do something like this? To figure out, we must hear the entire story. Here it is.

The whole idea started in 1951 when Indiana beat Ohio St. Woody Hayes said
"that football team will never beat me again- ever"

before the kickoff of the 1976 game Corso ask Woody how he was doing and Woody just growls at him. Corso's response "What the hell are you mad at me for?I was 10 years old when those guys beat you" Woody throws his hat and laughs at Corso.

Ohio st gets a a pick 6 and misses the extra point and then Indiana drives down and scores to take the 7-6 lead.After the extra point Corso walks across the field
and tells the official " we quit" official says "what" ,Corso "we quit. We ain't playing no more" Official says " You can't do that" Corso ask "Why"? the official says "your going to get beat" Corso "We are going to get beat anyhow. I quit.We're not going to play anymore" the official says " You can't do that" Corso "OK Time Out"

Corso then had the team and the photographer hurry up run under the scoreboard and took a picture. The crowd mostly Ohio St fans are going crazy,
Woody throws hit hat at Corso and is yelling. The ref says to Corso "what the hell are you doing"? Corso says"You know what mister it's been 25 years since Indiana has been ahead of that S.O.B. , and I want a picture to prove I'm ahead of him"

After the game the photographer has the nerve to ask Coro " Lee do you want another picture"?

Corso is crazy, LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove