Thread: The NFL Project
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #94
dsynful1
Rookie

dsynful1's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The NFL Project

Is everyone done playing 2K8 or has this thread just fallen off a bit? I think this is a great idea and I've been working on the Giants. I'd like to add a suggestion though, to also put the information for the non star players. I did mine last night and they played relatively like the Giants - good pass, solid 2 - 6 yard bruising runs, great play from the d-line, linebackers good against the run but nickel and dimed for 3rd downs and the corners making some plays and getting burned by others. I'll try to post it tomorrow - I didn't worry about face caps, but I did the put the birthdays and other personal info and did away and home uniforms pretty well using the red jerseys for the away. Here was my team and what I can remember for abilities:

Gold -
Michael Strahan - leadership bonus, sack master, pass rush bonus
Osi Umenyiora - sack master, spin move, strength bonus

Silver -
Plaxico Burress - deep threat, acrobatic catch
Eli Manning - 4th quarter comeback, pocket pressence
Antonio Pierce - wrapup tackler, run coverage

Bronze -
Amani Toomer - route god
Brandon Jacobs - branching tackles
Justin Tuck (as DT since the Giants routinely have multiple DE on the line) - pass rush bonus
Kareem McKenzie - bulldozer
Aaron Ross - ball hawk
Sam Madison - signal stealer (Scouts Inc. said one of his best abilities is reading receiver routes)

After I saved the roster I forgot about Jeremy Shockey, but personally I'm not a big tight end user anyway but I would probably make him a silver with tough in the middle and soft hands.

The other "non-star" options:
Offensive Line - balanced (average at both)
Running Backs - balanced (average at both)
Receivers - possession (although they have some speed, mostly run short routes as check down receivers for Eli)
Defensive Line - run stop
Linebackers - run stop (since they tend to get picked apart in coverage)
Cornerbacks - coverage
Safeties - balanced

One of the stadiums, the one designed by architect G. Costanza (nice Seinfeld reference), actually has the statue of liberty in the background so everything feels right.

My buddy is a Cowboys fan so we'll work on fine tuning that this weekend hopefully...

Whoever said Virginia Tech would flounder in the ACC should ask Duke what they think...