View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #42
wallydog
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How close could 2k make a generic NFL League!

Full customization would be a dream come true but I felt that the single player in APF needed more work.... Playing through a season seemed a bit random and teams lacked personality. Let me explain...

In 2K5, because the teams were meant to mimic their real life counterparts, there was some team specific AI. With APF, all the teams seemed more or less the same. Granted different teams had different legends and different number of Gold, Silver, Bronze but it seemed that the plays were always the same.

I would like to see the new teams in APF with better coaching AI and team specific plays and some vehicle that identified the coaching style upfront to prepare (like in 2K5 franchise but built out). So you know if a team uses no huddle frequently or likes to throw in the occasional trick play...Give these teams some personality!...I love what the stadiums represent but I think there needs to be more work in terms of gameplay.

For franchise, I think you could really make a game around growing the APF League similar to how the NFL was built.. Start off with just a few teams..gain revenue (through tickets, advertising, broadcasting milestones) with wins...more wins, more audience, more franchises, etc... grow the league, unlock new stadiums, unlock new teams, new players,..the possibilities are endless now that there is no hope for the NFL License.