View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #62
TJdaSportsGuy
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Welcome to the New Operation Sports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I like it, good job.

FYI, and maybe it's just me, but when listening to the podcast, and you open a new forum or page, the podcast resets. I know you can open it in a new window though and it's fine. I thought someone had said though that it'll stay playing without that. Maybe I heard wrong.

So far, that's the best feature IMO.
Yeah, I was the one who told you about that and I was mistaken as to how that feature would work. If you click "play" without opening a new window, it'll only keep playing if you stay on that current page. Not ideal but what are you gonna do?

The best way to do it is to open up a new window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Can some explain the "comments" and "votes" tally?
Sure. Go to the main page. See how at the bottom of each news story about a game, it gives you the ability to either give it a "hype vote" if the game isn't out yet or just a rating if it is? Each time you do that, you'll get a "vote" tally. The tally in the forums keeps track of that.

Same with comment. Each time you comment about a particular news item, that number will go up as well as your post count.

Just another little something to give all the post whores out there something to strive for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Great great job guys!

Only thing I have to ask is if there's a way to keep the sidebar when you change skins? I use the ESPN 2.0 skin and the sidebar disappears. I would hope in the future that the forum skins can somehow be integrated with the new OS front page and sidebar.
That's an hdaniel issue. I'll be sure he's made aware of it.