View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
granvilleberry
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 09 Impact Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Loadholt? Please. If anybody on the OL it'll be Duke Robinson. But I don't think OL can even be impact players.

BTW, Baker graduated.

I would say Bradford for sure. After that it's a tossup between Murray, English, Harris. My guess is Murray and English, but none of those guys are playing during the spring, and Murray's knee injury may take awhile for him to recover from.
Slipped my mind about Baker w/ all the jr's leaving early (trust me, I'm not a 'bandwagon' fan. I've paid my tuition and have the degree, so I'm allowed a slip-up every now and then). The question, if I remember, was dealing with who the "impact" players would be rather than who they should be. Last year, I think EA gave the three spots to Darien Williams, Reggie Smith, and Allen Patrick. Smith was the lone player that was a no-brainer but they had him at SS rather than at corner (where he had been since the end of the '06 season). Williams was an odd choice, and while Patrick wasn't completely "out of nowhere" it could absolutely be argued that (again, pre-season) Finley, Kelly, or Granger were much better choices. So, given the original question of "who will EA put as the 'impact players'", I still say Loadholt (though, yes, Duke is the better lineman though the height and weight will sway the EA guys), Bradford, and someone from the front seven. It SHOULD be English, Bradford, and either Gresham, McCoy, or Granger.

Last edited by granvilleberry; 02-27-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove