Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
TheShizNo1
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: recruiting limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
It may take a while to balance your roster out, but I always limit the number of players at a certain position to recruit each year. But I try to recruit at least one player at each position, every year.
If I can get a full class I try to get.
Qb 1
Rb 3
Wr 2
Te 1
OL 4
DL 3
LB 3
DB 4
K/P 1
thats 22 a year, but if there is real need, I may alter it a bit.
In 4 seasons with early draft and redshirts each Sr class usually drops to around 16-18.
What this also does is makes it so (example) you don't have 2 Sr FS grad and no backups. Plus I switch some positions like CB to S or a OT to OG to fill up the depth chart with experienced players.
I think this also makes it realistic because if my Sr QB grads then the next guy in line may be a RS Jr Qb that was a 3 star or a Soph that was a 4 star and are close in ratings so there is a position battle.

I also limit myself in that when I am going after multiple players at a position and offering scholarships, once I fill up my spots I stop recruiting the other players at that position. Even if I get the 15th rated Qb, I don't continue recruiting the 5th rated.
Interesting. This seems more like a strategy than a limitation. I might have to try this, especially with the QB's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya