View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #906
MizzouRah
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Impressions Part 2

Ok, switching to the aerial cam seems to have really helped the framerate for me. I also have the ticker off and ball trails off. (Thanks for finding this!!!)

You can change pichers and lineups for the CPU controlled teams, not sure if it was like that last year?

Just had a REALLY enjoyable game at home vs Cleveland. I LOVE PITCHING, best EVER in a game so far. I have maybe seen a few meatballs, but alot of mistake pitches have been high or outside...

The fields seem so much better on aerial view as well. You can REALLY tell who's running the basepaths as I hit one in the gap with Ankiel and he legged out a triple.. the ball was thrown offline and I slid in just under the tag.. VERY cool hit and run.

Base coaches have helmets (just for those who want to know)

Did I say I LOVE THE PITCHING in this game, feels very fluid once you get it down and you don't always put it where you want to.

Love the throwing meter now for pickoffs

Hit variety is worth the price of the game for me so far. Tons of hits all over the place and plenty of foul balls.

Hitting seems much better, but not as fluid as The Show. Again, MUCH better than last year.

Playing on Pro right now and the CPU throws mostly strikes... although I'm walking batters.

I'm slowly moving towards disappointed to happy. Really wish the game was buttery smooth though.