View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #41
TKEON230
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype?

I should start out by saying that I own MLB 2k6, 2k7, and The Bigs. I also own Amped 3, Top Spin 2, Prey, and Table Tennis all on the Xbox 360. So, I have nothing against 2k Sports or Take 2 Games.

This year is the first year I've switched over to The Show. There are a lot of things that I really enjoy and just a couple I wish were more like the 2k series.

I think The Show does a much better job of capturing the "feeling" of being at a baseball game. The announcers seem very realistic with very few repeated calls. Stadiums seem a LOT more accurate. I love seeing Citi Field in the background of Shea stadium. They even put in that stupid Dunkin Donuts cup in Left Field.

I do miss the presentation aspects of the 2k games, though. I really liked seeing the outside of stadiums during the "pre-game" talk. I also like the menu and between inning animations a bit better in the 2k version. 2k makes me feel like I'm watching the ESPN game of the week while The Show makes me feel like I'm watching a mid-week game on a local channel. I hope future versions of The Show show can find a middle ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove