View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #1642
CarryTheWeight
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

I think just spending some time away from these boards and going into this game thinking for myself about its issues really helped me change my opinion of the game. I'm starting to appreciate its qualities. That's not to say that this game is perfect, or pretty, for that matter.

The frame rate issues I once experienced in the outfield aren't there anymore, strangely... since I finished my first game on Tuesday afternoon, I have yet to see another fielder stop running, in mid-stride, before making a routine grab.

I'm spending a lot of my time in Franchise Mode and I feel this is where the game succeeds the most. Hopefully, if 2K DOES acquire a third-party franchise mode next year, we can see more realistic options for signing players, not to mention salary arbitration and the Rule 5 draft (which ASB 05 had eons ago). Developing your minor leaguers is an excellent option but I haven't seen any major ratings changes during the season...it's usually as I begin a new season.

I'm very impressed by the fielding this year. It was far too easy, IMO, in 2K7 to turn a double play in the infield, but this year, it's much more difficult and hardly happens (since the runner always takes out my fielder's legs).

The presentation from Joe and Jon isn't anything to write home about, but I find that the analysis by Zelasko and Physioc rivals The Show in terms of depth. Why couldn't 2K just have these two announce the entire game? I always look forward to hearing their update in the 7th Inning.