View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
srudoff
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Sportscast Manager is broken :(

This is my first year with The Show and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. However I usually like to play one game per series and manage the others using Sportscast Manager. Unfortunately, there are too many problems with it. The biggest problem is that you cannot tell handedness for ANY hitters or pitchers - I've gone through all of the options and it's just not there - makes it hard to truly manage your team.

In addition there are some other gameplay problems. Many times during the game, a hitter will get 3 straight balls. I'd have to say that about 90% of the time with a 3-0 count, the hitter swings at the fourth pitch. Now I know that this happens in real life, but no where near the % of times it happens in Sportscast. I've even seen hitters trying to BUNT on a 3-0 count, without no one on base! Speaking of bunting, the game will not let you bunt a runner over to third. No matter who fields the ball, the runner stays put at second. I've 'managed' about 40 games with the Tribe and have yet to see it work yet. Another thing I've seen a bunch of times is a runner on third not scoring on a double play. Very frustrating to not get that run in AND get two outs. Finally, there have been many times where a man at 2nd doesn't score on a double. Tonight I was playing the Yankees and Sizemore held at 3rd on a double by Cabrera to RIGHT field. Again, I know it happens in real life, but not very often, and mostly with slooow runners at 2nd.

Anyway, sorry about the vent. Looks like I'll have to sim the games that I don't play
Advertisements - Register to remove