View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
BlyGilmore
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
i hear you about being a stickler. I was one of those folks who didn't like TS2 a lot for the reasons you posted.

Honestly I didn't really get a huge chance to check out the computer AI. We mostly just had the opportunity to play matches against others there. What I saw briefly when starting the career mode was promising though. The computer worked me a bit side to side before finishing.

I think one big difference will be the way they do the "big shots." no more meter, instead its using the trigger why you swing with positioning, timing and your aim controlling where it goes.

From what we did see if you didn't hit a shot right the result was it going out, or long or into the net. For instance if you were on the left side of the court, tried to hit it to the right side, but let the ball get too deep, you couldn't pull it off.

The atmosphere seems very good. Lively, energetic crowds who are hooting and hollering while you play (I always enjoyed the announcer in other languages too).

It's actually pretty refreshing to play a game that doesn't feel the need to jam a play by play engine down your throat and instead concentrate on the crowd.