View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
ewto16
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by distauma
Well I don't play franchise in Madden 08, because admittedly I think it's very bare bones... But I do play a lot amongst friends on local multiplayer, and I have never had so much fun playing an NFL video game before. That includes the Joe Montana games, Playstation Madden games, Blitz games, NFL 2k sports series, and even back to Tecmo Super Bowl.

Sometimes I think people complain just because it's EA Sports. I did hate '06 and '07 iterations, but are you gonna tell me 2k5 was the most realistic NFL simulation you ever played? All sports games have aggravating qualities, but human against human Madden '08 is a great game. And that's all that matters to me.
Nope, I haven't played NFL 2K5, so I won't tell you that. I will tell you that the Tecmo games are way better than Madden ever will be, but that is a whole different debate.

I don't complain just because it is EA Sports. I complain because I've played Madden since it first hit the Genesis in like 91 and after Madden 2005, it hasn't gotten any better. It is stuck in this cycle of removing features and adding them back in.

The presentation elements that made the game more visually appealing have all been removed. The radio announcer stinks, which I know is changing, but it took too long to make that happen. Franchise on the PS2 ruled. Why does Franchise on the PS3 stink? So many of the smae exact AI glitches exist in the game that have been in the game for the last 5 years, it is frustrating.

I just want good football. I want football that makes me want to play it every day and be irritated when I don't get to advance my franchise fast enough. I don't want to play football for a month, get bored/irritated with the game, and not pick it up until the NFL playoffs, only to trade it once the playoffs are over because I lost interest again.

I wish EA would just make football fun and addicting again.