Old 04-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
ramenite
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: rFactor - IRL Style Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Ramen:
Regarding those fast times, those are all due to setup. The guys running in the 37s are running unrealistic, trick setups. I have a few of those. While it's fun to rip at those speeds, turning laps in the 37.4 range, it feels a bit dirty knowing that you're running a setup that either would be illegal or would result in a torn-up car in reality.

I never run those setups when racing with friends, but I'll use them in the RACE@RFC open track events at Indy just so I can keep up with the Joneses and try to get a decent world ranking.

The lack of control over setup parameters is about the only weakness in this mod, and one of the few weaknesses in rFactor, overall.

Regardless, the IRL 07 mod is fantastic.

Take care,
PK
Yeah, I had a look at the setup I was using for the mid 38's. I couldn't match it within rFactor's setup. Just going with the base setup, and what I could adjust without hand editing the file, I can't any better than like 39.7. The gear ratios I had in the 38 setup weren't available. I will note that like 39.7 was good enough for pole at the 2007 Indy 500.

With a "clean" setup, I'm reaching like 380 at a the entrance to turns 1/3, and out of 2/4 about 360. I'm also trying some different camber/tyre pressures, to see if I can get a bit more even temps. I'll see what happens.

Last edited by ramenite; 04-06-2008 at 01:18 AM.