View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
BrianFifaFan
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Without this beconing an arguement, I have to agree with Yamabushi. Why? Because he named games that were bar-setters for there respective genres. And many of those games were the result of high technology. And Chris you are an unabashed Madden fan, so you like many other Madden fans didn't see the beauty of 2k5. No Madden before or since has duplicated the "perfect storm" of gameplay, presentation and faithfulness to the NFL. But it is about taste. For guys who religiously played STB Madden is the game that best suits that taste. But to defend Mike Tyson? Mike Tyson is truly a nostalgic pick. Look at the Fight Night series. While trying to straddle the Sim/Fun line, it actually was the best boxing virtual representation ever.

Games aren't just about the "fun" factor. They are artistic endeavors just like movies. If you guys analogies were super-imposed over that medium, then the Original King Kong was better then Peter Jacksons. Or the original Atari was superior to the 360/PS3 because it was the first. I'll grant that not all things are made better by technology. But to try to compare Atari's Adventure or Pitfall to the games we have today, come on guys. Tecmo Bowl was fun, for then in the 8-bit world. But it can't compete now. Just like old balck and white movies with stop-motion special effects. Or maybe I should use the comparison of 1920's football players against todays......