View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #78
tackle74
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassman
EA doesn't care about the 30 -40 yr old adult market . You know, guys with a wife, kids and an outside life. Since the early 2000's this game has been aimed at the 15 - 25 yr old market who play 5 min. quarters on line and expect to score 50 points a game. These players don't need an accelerated clock or in game saves. In fact, I don't think they really want the game to reflect real football. They want "hit stick" bomb it out football. Now, those of us who enjoy playing a graphic simulation of real football have still bought Madden because, thanks to the exclusive license, there was nothing else left to buy . And now, as a matter of fact, those of us old folks who have enjoyed playing a graphic, not text based, football game on our PC's for almost 20 years will have no games left to buy at all. Thanks EA Sports!
As an old gamer (40) with a wife and kid on the way things like this are a huge effect on me. I did not buy Madden 07 or 08 for my 360 and will continue to boycott this year. I actually lost it when I lost my custom playbook and ability to adjust substiutions by formation. I oince again will rent and be sickened by the 8th Pick of the game and the inability to play the high quality game I used to enjoy in 2005.