LingeringRegime
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Revisit of APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Sup guys

I stopped playing APF months ago. Because of other titles like COD4, Mass Effect, GTA-IV, ect. I recently popped back in NCAA08 and only made it through a half before I was BORED to death of playing it. I then put in APF, which has always been my all-time fav and have played tons and tons of games online. Combined with leagues and what not. Well after the revisit, I think I have found what turns APF into only so so for me now. Lack of control of the ball carrier! I understand some of the backs feeling like they are not going to break any ankles or make any moves other than run someone over but when a back like sanders feels slow and clunky it throws it off for me. It is not only him but WRs rarely can come out of a catch and make a sudden cut left then back right without a huge chunk of speed being lost. The fluidness is the ONLY problem with APF. I could carless about the franchise mode. As long as the on the field is great and APF is 90% great.

Other 10% missing
Blitz speed
Correct angles
Fluid running
Negative abilities (Bad hands, Fumble prone, ect)
Slightly better lighting engine

Just thought I would like to see what everyone else thought

Later guys
PHOBIA

ALSO, Sup LB!
Yeah, I agree with you. I like Madden, NCAA, and APF. APF being the better overall experience. But, I am with you with the "heavy" feeling of the ball carriers is a bit overdone in my opinion. If APF were more responsive then it would be a better game. Also, something that gets on my nerves is the terrible coverage by DB's. Seems like they have no skills whatsoever.