View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:54 AM   #20
bears5122
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Fixing the March Madness Series

I just don't think it can be fixed in a year. It's just a bad game when compared to what else is out there. But I'll bite:

- Gameplay needs to be re-done from scratch. It's just not good. It plays like an arcade game and there are too many things that can be abused. It doesn't have a college basketball feel at all where teamwork is important. Too much focus on one-on-one, not enough focus on getting open mid-range, 3-point shots. The passing being so delayed and slow makes this tough to emulate real college basketball.

- Dynasty needs to get deeper and more realistic. Simulations scores are way off still and scheduling is screwy. Player ratings aren't even close and the roster size is too small. There aren't enough preseason tournaments and thousands of other minor details that 2K has that MM doesn't. And I can't remember for sure, but didn't this game leave out multiplayer dynasties? I do like some of the options about upgrading facilities, etc.

Those are the two most important areas for me, and the only reason I buy college games. They have a lot of flaws, particularly in terms of gameplay. I can stay here all night and list other areas where MM doesn't stand up to CH. Most who have played both games know, and most chose CH as their primary college hoops game.

I'd love to see this series become great and become better than CH. Unfortunately, EA has shown that once competition leaves, so does their motivation to make a better game.