View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #65
DONF
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: new vid from gametrailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Breaking tackles is 100% user control, but that doesn't mean you can break out of them every time you try.

You won't be breaking out of tackles with scrubs if the RB you are using has a 99 speed but a 70, spin, 70 juke move, 70 elsuiveness rating, and a 70 break tackle ratings don't expect him to break out of tackles.

He doesn't have high have the ratings to do it and no amount of expert user skills is going to change that. Its all about knowing your players and their skill sets. Like I stated in my preview article W.McGahee has the highest rated stiff arm rating in the game next to LT. So it would be wise to try and stiff arm out of tackles. On the flip side hes doesn't have a high spin move rating. It wouldn't be wise to use it trying to break tackles.

There are other factors as well one is the angle of the defender trying to tackle the ball carrier if its a bad angle the chance of success is higher. His tackle rating also comes into play here.

All these calculations are done in real time so its not canned by definition. I don't know if I can explain it any better than not.
That explains it. Thanks for the clarity
Advertisements - Register to remove