View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #65
RealmK
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
complaing about cpu cheating is just whiner tactics. i give up less than 2 goals a game on superstar. it's not that hard. it's a friggin cpu team - after you've played for awhile, you figure out how they score goals. i was 38-3 last dynasty, simmed to the playoffs and went 16-1 to win the cup. i guess i'm glad that the cpu "cheats" i wish they cheated more. the game is too easy if you actually play smart and spend enough time playing to get at least somewhat good at the game.
Agreed 100%, I'm currently 39-15-0-12 and in 2nd place in the eastern conference just behind the Sens and my last 4 games the ai hasn't managed to score more than 2 goals per game. While I've scored 3-4. If my shot accuracy wasn't set to 1 it'd prolly be a whole lot higher goal totals on my end.

Even with the lack of defensive tools that 08 has (sooo excited for what defense will bring with 09) I don't have a hard time at all cutting down passing lanes and keeping the superstar ai to the outside and not giving them easy scoring chances. I too wish the AI would cheat more and turn on its "overdone momentum" because you know momentum in a hockey game isn't important and it never decides close games ever!
Advertisements - Register to remove