View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #19
Boregard
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Should Madden cost $60?

Madden 09 may end up being worth $60, but none of the NEXT GEN versions of Madden have been yet.

Madden 08 for 360/PS3 was maybe worth $15. Broken franchise, no subs, no formation audibles, glitches galore, and still severely laggy online. $15 might actually be stretching it when you think about the jittery player movement, the fact that the franchise saves are tied in to the profiles, the depth chart issues, no edit player positions, and the fact that the user interface is absolutely horrid.

I had been firmly in the "rent first" camp, then Ian shows up in the forums and I got hyped, more so by the fact that they seem to be responding to community input than anything else, and then I played the NCAA Demo - I am now firmly back to NCAA is a rental accessory for draft classes, after a "rent and see" appraoch w/ Madden 09.

I am not a fan of any of the other games that used to be the competition, but I can no longer "blindly" buy the game, only to take it home and find out it sucks. Madden 08 was a freakin joke, nevermind the glitches and broken/ missing features - the gameplay sucked. You had very little control over your players, they looked like they had a bad case of the ****s when they ran, and the gameplay was toooooo gosh darn slow. It wass like watching a bad qtr of NFL football in Slo-Motion.

$60 may be the going rate, but I am not paying that much up front.

I am excited because I think from the videos and the EA community involvement, that this may be the year the game is playable for more than a week. I want the game to be great, but I ain't holding my breathe!