Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #65
NoleFan
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Dynasty guys: Underdog or Powerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFootballFreak
Call me odd, but here's what I do to make it a little more interesting and add a bit of my own story-line: (all on PS2 because I'm cheap)

I will start out with a small school/imported FCS team and try to take them all the way to the top. Meanwhile, I take a mid-rung school that I like and kind of "cheat" and help them tank (keep in mind it's always a school that is in a different geographic location to my current school, and a school I don't play during the regular season). I then leave my former-underdog school for the mid-major and try to take them up to elite status. I then pick a big prestige school and begin "tanking" during this time so that I can take over them later as well.

Right now I have a dynasty that started with Stephen F. Austin, who I played with as an Independant. I worked them into the C-USA conference, won two C-USA titles, then joined the Big XII and won three Big-XII titles. The only problem was, my coach was winless in five bowl games over that span, including a loss in the NC game in year 7. In about year three of this (pretty much out of boredom and being tired of a 15,000 capacity stadium -- if you want to call it that), I started making Cincinnati (their unis are cool) tank, which included a 56-game losing streak. After my seventh season at SFA, I then pretended that SFA no longer wanted me around because of my failure in bowl games. So, I left and took over the struggling Cincy franchise. And this part I did not have any part in forcing, but SFA won the National Title that very next season, and I lost yet another bowl game. But I did take the previously 0-56 Bearcats to a 7-5 record.

During this time, I have created a fake coach to take over my favorite school (The University of Texas) and have made it even more interesting. I have given them no points for discipline and am trying to recruit only average or poor discipline players to get as many sanctions as possible against UT. I will then come in later and resurrect Texas from the gutter.

I know that's a lot, but I'm having fun messing around with this.
Sounds like a "Death Penalty" dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove