View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
So, what would it take?

I just finished reading the Madden has gone gold thread.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/253563-madden-nfl-09-goes-gold.html

It seems the majority of people that posted are a bit upset or disappointed that the game is complete 7 week before it's release.

First off let me tell all of you I'm one of the biggest Madden haters around. For the past 3 years I've made it my goal to get that years Madden and find every bug possible and plaster it all over the internet. In doing this it was my hope that those of us who support EA by buying Madden every year would take one year off, and let EA take a huge hit , forcing them to re-think the way they make this game. I had also hoped that if everyone did take a year off the NFL would possibly not choose to re-new the exclusive contract with EA. But as we all know that's water under the bridge, no one took a year off Madden 08 had more then 15 major bugs and it still sold millions of copies.

All that said, I have been impressed with all the interaction here between forum members and the guys at EA. It has me believing that these guys do care, and they do want to give us the game we want. I know Madden 09 will not be that game, they started asking questions to late in the year to get everything into the game, but, Madden 09 does look to be much improved over the past 3 years games.

After playing 08 I swore I would not buy 09 this year. but after reading Ian's posts and seeing all the game play footage, I've been sucked back in and I've already got Madden 09 pre ordered.
My reason for this post and my question to you is, if by chance Madden 09 is just another bug filled, unplayable game, would that finally be enough for everyone to take 2010 off? Or would we all believe the hype again next year?

If Madden 09 tanks, and I don't think it will, we've got to send a message, don't we?
Advertisements - Register to remove