View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
slickdtc
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Two Big Releases Reveal Trends in Gaming

This article is kind of common sense, which gets lost in all the BS that we get fed. For some reason, the "mainstream" wants all the fluff and gimmicks while the "hardcore" gamers want smart AI and useful features. How this ever became the norm is beyond me, but that's what we've always been told.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I'd be absolutely stoked to play a game that played like the sports we see on TV. AI that had any type of brains and wasn't programmed to do the same thing, over and over.

If I'm not mistaken, Madden 09 claims to be the "first game that reacts to you" or something along those lines. That's a step in the right direction, but we need to see results and not just a tagline. If I'm doing the same thing over and over, I want to see the AI adjust to that. And same for them... if they keep doing the same thing over and over, I adjust to them and I want to see them adjust to my adjustments.

These next generation consoles haven't given us crap except for more and more fluff. We still have piss poor AI because we got all the goodies that the "mainstream" wants. Hopefully, as we get past the oooh'ing and ahhh'ing at the cool new graphics we can get down into the meat and potatoes and get some serious sports games to come out. But only if we as the consumers demand it by not buying into these roster update sports games we get yearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove