Thread: DLine moves...
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Village Idiot
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: DLine moves...

This isn't a direct response to you questions, Vol, but the most important thing I've noticed is that when engaged with an OL, they will always (literally) take away one side or the other, and taking the other side is the easiest way to get by.

I see guys complaining a lot about how the DL gets "stuck" on the OL, as if it's a glitch or something, when in fact what has happened is the player (i.e., the gamer) is too stubborn to take what the OL is giving him, so he continues to push his player into a spot where he's clearly dominated, thinking he can overcome it by hitting buttons. When he can't, the pass rush is "broken."

I've found, instead, that the moves (hitting buttons) aren't even wholly necessary; you can trigger all the DL animations just from pointing the stick at the right place at the right time and timing your use of the sprint button accordingly. If you rush left (7 & 8 o'clock, I mean) and hit a brick wall, go right (4 & 5 o'clock). I guarantee it will free you up.

In short, I tend to use the moves proper as more of a last resort to supplement my rush, opposed to using them as the focus of my rush. Once you master the simple stuff, when to use the buttons should become a lot clearer.

My two cents.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 06-29-2008 at 04:48 PM.