View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #34
FutureVol
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Up and Coming Programs in NCAA Football 09

umm good stuff...but i am confused as to how you cannot consider tennessee a powerhouse...during the 90's tennessee was one of the premiere programs in the nation..the only team consistantly better or equal to UT was flordia in the sec.. Tennessee was perenially ranked in the top 5 every year from 1992 to 2001..and despite the minor slip up in 2005 (which dosent exist..)...in the past 20 yrs UT has finish the season outside the top 20 3 times and top 25 twice.....and..add 3 SEC championship appearances since 2000 and u have a damn good program..i gar.un.tee that if u put any of those other teams in the SEC they would loose double the games they have lost over the past 2 seasons...at least...yes that includes USC....and dont EVEN get me started on Ohio State..LAWL they may have the MOst overrated program in the entire nation..not becasue there bad but because Espn sucks up to tressel and his "unbeatable sweater vest" more than a dust buster.. i think the SEC in general shut them up pretty good over the past 2 years..lol and ND..lol they havent won a NC since the Jeffersons were tryin to move on up..and last year...need i say more??..man Nebraska i will give ya..course noone was better than them in 1995-97..and if i recall correctly UT beat Mami in THEIR house in 03.. during their Hay day... i do remember kellen winslow b******* about it ALOT>>>..but yeah..and OKlahoma.....umm yeah your right they the best team in college...durng WW2 and in the 50's and 60's...we arent talkin bout teams that our great grandparents played on we are taling over the past 20 years or so..and i promise if you look up the most dominat teams and coaches over the past 20 years..Big Phil is up @ the top of that list....not bashing or saying ur opinion is wrong but..check up on ur teams and stats b4 making statements.....u cant have a full house of 109,000 and 107,000 avg. EVERY YEAR>> and not be a "powerhouse"