View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #101
dewdirty
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

I withheld judgment and rented this game. Now mind you, I have only been playing 2K5 and 2K8 for the past year, no Madden and very little NCAA 08. This game is actually comical versus the cpu. It is in no way a simulation, other than ther are 22 guy on the field. Explain to me how any of you can play 2K5, 2K8, Last gen Madden or last gen NCAA, and say this game is good? It is a joke. I was bored with it after the first 4 games, when i found that I could just cal l crossing patterns and complete every pass. WTF??? I am glad I rented first, because now I will definitely not buy Madden until after I rent it; and don't tell me about how EA is trying... I am a programmer buy profession and some of the bugs that made it into the release version of this game are pathetic. If I did this with software I develop for the company I work for, I would have been fired a long time ago. While you want testers to use "use cases" and testing plans to test software, it also very important to have someone try and "break" the software you develop so you can find and fix bugs. I seriously doubt EA has done this for the next gen systems. NCAA is no longer a football sim, it is a fun game to play against friends, but horrible to play alone. The fact that I can score touchdowns without ever reading a defense or caring about coverages makes this game closer to blitz than to a sim. I only pray that Madden will be better, but I am not holding my breath. And for the record, I don't blame Ian or his team directly. I think they are victims of unreasonable timelines and the need to out perform on quarterly profits. When we as gamers either stop buying the product or something better forces a change, EA will continue this pay to play the release candidate charade. If you enjoy this game I envy you, because I wish I knew just a little less about football so I could too.
Advertisements - Register to remove