View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #44
feeq14
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: An actual POLL!!! Your grade

In reading LBs post I do see where some of his complaintts are coming from. However I have to disagree with most of the people complaining as a whole.

I think the real flaws of the game gameplay wise come down to several issues.

1- There arent enough QB ratings. This is the reason why QB play is so iffy. If there were ratings for deep/shallow passing, or pass timing, pocket presence, etc. Then the QBs on offense and defense would not be so effecient in every way without turning the non working sliders up and down.

Fixing pocket presence would help becuase what I see is EVERY qb manuevering excellently in the pocket, especially on blitzes which is a major issue with fixing pass rushing. QBs get the ball out too quickly and it hurts the realism.

2- Coverage AI needs work. specifically on short cross type routs and definately on hook routes. I am soo tired watching DBs stand idely directly behind recievers as they catch a pass for a first down. Coverage in my opinion has greatly improved. I definately see the difference between a 92 corner and a 72 corner. Some of the coverage logic is not perfectly done, but I see that as an element of realism, especially in college football where coverage logic is always second to athleticism anyway. It is frustrating that players dont bump shallow recievers like they did in madden last year (did they do this in NCAA last year?) This would also fix alot of the passing acuracry issues/pass rush issues.

Other than that to me the gameplay is excellent. I havent had a suction block happen to me yet. And I cant see any real issues with pursuit angles.

I think that a big issue is that the game is actually very realistic and people dont really know what to do with it. Its like madden a few years ago when the passing cone was introduced and too many people couldnt figure it out and claimed that it was flawed. They made their ratings work which is why 90 ovr DEs with low block shedding ability are not getting to the passer, and linebackers with poor coverage skills are getting eaten over the middle. If you play with a non top 25 team then you players will get eaten up by other players. If you are a top 10 team then you should beat other non 25 teams by 30-40 points. This is college football. There should be huge broken runs because of bad pursuit angles, there should be allot of dink and dunk 34-40 passing games, and some QBs should throw 4-5 picks in a game. This is what it is supposed to do.

Graphically I think its definately a step in the right direction but I dont see the "clunkyness" that others are complaing about. Some of the animations arent the most smoove, but Its still the best its ever been.

The only issues i have with the game is a lack of features outside of gameplay. Specifically create a playbook and create a team options. Along with the absence of certain types of plays in some playbooks (where are the wingback sweeps in the flexbone offenses, where is the maryland I, why are there not slot WR screens?).

And of course the slider and other glitches. But to me this is the best improvement any football game has ever had in one year. if Madden plays this clean with an improved franchise mode I might quit my job!

Last edited by feeq14; 07-20-2008 at 05:50 PM.