View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #47
AuburnAlumni
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't agree that the ratings don't matter. I played a game with MSU and their mediocre receivers dropped 6 passes on me. Their freshman WR dropped four of them. When I throw to a good or great reciever, he makes plays. I think its too big a generalization to say that ratings don't matter.

Sure some things are flawed but I certainly see the difference between good teams and players vs. bad teams and players. At least that has been the offline experience for me.

I will agree that speed backs seem more beneficial than power backs but that is also a part of college football. You see speedy backs make more of an impact in college than you do in the NFL. Also, I think lowering the tackle slider helps with this. On default, bigger backs don't break many tackles but this can be tweaked and improved.
You're disproving my idea because a few WRs dropped some passes??

That's a bit of a stretch.

It's not too big of a generalization. In fact, you helped prove my point because you focused on WRs to prove that the ratings "matter".

There is no difference in Line ratings..that is completely undeniable. All O lines are dominant, all D lines are very mediocre.

All QBs are Brett Favre incarnate, there is no real difference in facing Graham Harrell or Tim Tebow versus the QB for Middle Tenn. State or Akron, other than the fact that Tebow has insanely fast WRs all over the field that can't be covered in this game (another faux paus as UF is very fast, but not so ridiculously fast as represented in this game. Auburn's defense has been able to keep up with UF the last two years speed wise and held UF to 17 points in 2006 and 2007.)

Like I said, other than WRs and speedy HBs, the rest of the ratings are pretty much meaningless right now.