View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Little Moments That Bring Big Enjoyment

Undoubtedly the best memory for me came my freshman year in college, NCAA Football '02 on PS2.

We were in the third year of our three-man dynasty. I was Clemson, two-time defending National Champion and ended up playing my roommate, Georgia Tech in the Nat'l Title game (was that even possible IRL? Two teams from the same conference?).

Anyway, he felt he was better than me at NCAA but he fell short against me the two previous seasons and had not yet reached the title game. Finally in Year 3 he gets his shot and I believe it was the first time he beat me in the regular season but he also lost one game to the CPU so we both had one loss going into the game.

Long story short, I'm down 24-21 with :05 left and the ball near his 40. I call a Hail Mary, chuck it deep down the middle of the field, about 6-7 yards into the endzone. A G-Tech defender leaps and knocks the ball away from the intended WR and back towards the goal line, just in time for my slow, 5th string WR to come leaping out of nowhere to make a miraculous catch barely in the end zone with no time left to give me my third straight national title, 27-24.

And I'm not lying on this part, my roommate did not speak to me for several days after the game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet