View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #33
St. Germain
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My game froze last night........

Sigh, this is NOT good that others are having the same issue. Never had any games freeze on my 360 (Falcon) since I got it in January. Played through 65+ hours of GTA 4 and numerous more on COD4, no problem. Got NCAA 2009 at launch, no issues at all, played through a season and a half of dynasty just fine....until this weekend.

Like others, mine started freezing this weekend. Got to the point where I couldn't even load my dynasty file. I really started to freak out when I put in an old copy of NBA Street and it froze up as it entered a game even though I've NEVER had a problem with that game before.

I looked at the NCAA 2009 disc pretty closely and noticed that there were some strange waves in the CD around the edges. Not scratches mind you, but it looked like something was inside of the disc, like water spots or something maybe along the edges. Definitely didn't look like a normal disc to me. I'm not sure if the spots were there when I got it or if they somehow developed since I've been playing it. Maybe just a bad batch of discs? So I took it back to Best Buy and they exchanged it for a new one.

New disc looks perfect to me and I was able to load my dynasty right up and play a full game just fine with it after I got home. I just assumed that it was just a bad disc. Maybe the disc didn't matter and it just played fine because the console had cooled down while I was gone.

So now I'm wondering what the hell is going on. The fact that NBA Street froze immediately after NCAA 2009 froze earlier scares me. Almost afraid I'll get RROD when I turn it on tonight.

(Oh, and I did download the "EARosters com" rosters since I first got the game but haven't edited any of teams/players manually.)

Last edited by St. Germain; 07-29-2008 at 06:06 PM.