View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
TarHeelPhenom
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Awesome article my friend. I definitely play offline more so than online. I will say that my gaming experience varies. For example, I have two people I play with more than anyone else: my cousin and my best friend. My cousin and I prefer to play in Franchises and Dynasty modes together while controlling our own teams. We play our games against the CPU opponents and the only time we go head up is if we are on each others schedules. We do this for the sheer enjoyment of recruiting against one another, chasing the national championship or building our franchises into winners while doing it together. My best friend and I also like to play Dynasty mode and Franchise modes together. However, we prefer to play head up. I will play as his opponent and vice versa and we try and emulate the teams as real as we can.

I've found both ways to be very rewarding and exciting if sometimes nerve racking. My cousin and I were both in the Big 12 one year. he was Texas A&M and I was Nebraska. He beat me in the regular season match-up and again in the Big 12 title game on a last second FG. That was an awesome yet heart wrenching experience. On the flipside my best friend and I have had epic battles over the course of time; anywhere from going 7 games in the NBA playoffs to winning a National Championship against him in Coach K to losing in the NFC Championship as SF to Green Bay. You talk about competition. Imagine how tough it is to win 6 games in a row in the NCAA Tourney to an opponent on a mission to deny you that elusive trophy.

At the end of the day it's about what you want out of your gaming experience. I'm content to play both ways or just enjoy playing the game alone against CPU competition. Either way my experience is enjoyable.