View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I generally don't like commenting in my own articles because I shouldn't have to explain anything. I also prefer that readers perceive the piece the way they want to. You get what you want out of it.

I just wanted to point out that I do appreciate the feedback. And you're right, to a point, that this is something that could have been done in a thread with one sentence. "I don't play online because I like playing against the CPU and I don't really even have the time to play in online leagues."

This article, however, while written from my perspective is to open commentary on why other gamers have not made that leap. I'm telling you exactly my reasons and even explaining them a bit. Now, it's your turn. Now, you can read this and say, "Wow, I'm not the only one that feels the same exact way. Great to know that there is someone else out there like me when it comes to offline vs. online."

Or maybe you'll say, "Those are not the best of reasons to avoid online. Here's what you can do."

edit:

As for your time argument. I'm not sure if perhaps I wasn't clear enough but I did round out that reasoning by stating I don't want to be that gamer that makes an online league wait. By time, I meant scheduling myself to a dedicated time slot for online gaming. And the only reason someone would be scheduled to play online is to play a game in their online league. I think that makes the point valid while not discrediting the others.
Thought I would highlight the third paragraph of this and comment on it. We generally write articles in a few molds and one is to just basically open up discussion on a certain topic. This article is one of them. While we appreciate the feedback and are continually working to improve our content writing for an English major and writing for a website such as Operation Sports are two completely different animals.

Switching gears, I think I have a very unique perspective to offer. I love playing head to head in king of the couch kind of battles but I don't usually venture online with sports titles. Like Carlos my time with any one game is limited and I do what I enjoy most with games and that is playing franchise mode and trying to build up a team through that. However, other games such as Call of Duty 4, I have put many multiples of times more play time into that game online than I have offline. I guess I'm a living hypocrite in that regard