Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #17
vsoul86
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Why the narrow-sighted "AI" is a problem on Madden and NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
All good points.

Out of sheer curiosity (I'm not trying to deflect here), are there any other sports games out there that you all feel have best-of-breed AI? Before I joined EA I was always kind of in awe that they were able to correctly model football so well (since it's by far the most complicated sport), but as we all know as the visual fidelity increases in games, so do the expectations of every other part of the game (i.e. animation, AI, lighting, etc)

I'd like to see what everyone thinks so I am not missing anything and I can research them further.
Are you arguing that since other sports games don't have state of the art AI that Ncaa should'nt? aren't ncaa and madden two highly lucrative franchises? surely they are to be held to a higher standard, or maybe thats just me that does that. No hostility here, just how I'm seeing things. You guys should be pushing boundaries not looking back at whats behind you, don't worry about other games, make yours better. Your point about football being by far the most complicated sport is noted though, this is true, that doesn't mean it isn't feasable to be able to accurately replicate the intricacies of the game if you so desired.