View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #18
Joborule
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
Re: Why the narrow-sighted "AI" is a problem on Madden and NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoul86
Are you arguing that since other sports games don't have state of the art AI that Ncaa should'nt? aren't ncaa and madden two highly lucrative franchises? surely they are to be held to a higher standard, or maybe thats just me that does that. No hostility here, just how I'm seeing things. You guys should be pushing boundaries not looking back at whats behind you, don't worry about other games, make yours better. Your point about football being by far the most complicated sport is noted though, this is true, that doesn't mean it isn't feasable to be able to accurately replicate the intricacies of the game if you so desired.
I think your mis-reading him. He's just thinking of a game that he can use as reference. Nothing wrong with that. I understand your point though that those guys needs to be the innovators and be the game others look towards.

However, there's no game I can think off top of my head. EA NHL kinda trys this adaptive AI idea, but that's when a player keeps doing the same thing over and over again (overall defense is as bad as CFL defense). However, it does carry over games so if your in a playoff series, the opposing team will adapt to your play style over the series. Madden should at least have that.

Last edited by Joborule; 07-30-2008 at 10:10 PM.