Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Replaying FIFA 08 in anticipation for FIFA 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklover
I kept on swapping out FIFA 08 and Euro 08 for about 2 more hours and hands down Euro 08 is a massive improvement on 08. Only problem is I enjoy club futbol way more than National side action. So that is what keeps pulling me back to FIFA 08 or Champions League, but Euro 08 has the best gameplay just in terms of the CPU controlled players for your team and the computers doing much more logical things on the pitch. The ball goes to more unexpected places in Euro 08 as well. Still not enough, but a significant improvement over FIFA 08.

I've been playing FIFA a good deal lately and I have to agree with you here. My brother-in-law was at my place over the weekend (he owns Euro but not FIFA). We played several games of Euro before he asked to try FIFA after listening to me talk up the good stuff we've heard (and seen for some of us) about 09. He was shocked at the differences between the two, mostly in terms of player control & responsiveness.

Bottom line is, if Euro hadn't made such a positive strides in several key gameplay areas, I'd be a whole lot more skeptical about FIFA 09. But as it stands, it's looking like it will be something special...

Of course, I have some unfinished business with 08, as I've only managed one EPL title in my first two seasons with Arsenal while crashing out of all cup competitions (even lost the Community Shield on penalties). I have one game left in my third season -- I trail Chelsea by one point for the top spot with Manchester City coming to the Emirates. I forgot to see who the Blues are playing, but I have to hope for a loss or draw while I take care of business. Then it's on to trying to secure the services of Nasri & Xabi Alonso...